http://youwillheal.blogspot.com/p/about-donna.html http://youwillheal.blogspot.com/p/about-donna.html website Miracles Through An Ordinary Jane ™: The Decision of Your Life

Monday, October 19, 2009

The Decision of Your Life

In speaking with a friend today, I was reminded of a story. Many years ago, as I was studying to be a Practitioner/Healer, I had an accident. I was getting an oil change at a service station that had just opened near my home. When the mechanic called me over to show me my air filter, I wandered unwittingly behind the back of my car and proceeded to fall 15 feet into the underground mechanics pit.

As I was falling into this dark hole, I heard myself say, “Oh my God, I’m falling, Oh my God, I’m falling” and on the third time, “Oh my God, I’m falling”, I realized that I had no idea how far I was falling or if I would live. Then I heard myself say, “Ok, is this a big deal, or not a big deal?” The next thing really surprised me. I heard a completely different voice and it said “ You decide!”

So, I did.

I said to myself (while still in mid-air), “Ok, not a big deal! Not a big deal!” Then I hit the bottom.

I landed on my back and hit my head on cement. I might have been out for a minute. I’m not sure. All I remember is hearing screaming around me. When I finally opened my eyes, there was a man leaning over me wailing. He was clearly panic stricken. So, I said, “Are you alright?” He went white.

I proceeded to get up, wipe myself off and climb an extended ladder that had been thrown down in the hole. When I got to the top, a crowd had gathered. They stared at me like they were seeing a ghost. I asked, “Do you have a ladies room?” A man just pointed with his mouth open.

I went into the ladies room wondering what the fuss was all about. Why were people staring at me? Hadn’t they ever seen a person fall before? Before I left the ladies room, I took a quick peek in the mirror to check my makeup. There was blood coming from my head, arm and leg and I was standing at a 90 degree angle, bent over like a table.

I didn’t think much of it at the time, except that it explained the stares I had gotten.

I went out to the register, paid for my oil change, had a few brief words with the owner of the garage reassuring him that I would not be suing him, but that he needed to make sure that this never happened to anyone again, and then got into my car to leave.

The day after the accident, I had no visible scratches, cuts or bruises, my back was straight and I was walking perfectly. I was not sore at all, nor did I have any lasting injuries. I was fine. Perfect, in fact. No one would have ever known I had fallen down a 15 foot hole and lived to tell about it. It was a miracle. A miracle, based upon my own decision, for this event not to be a “big” negative, drawn out, dramatic, feel sorry for me, deal.

I decided I had nothing to gain by being injured and in pain, even if no one would blame me if I was. I mean after all, I fell a long way down. I could have milked it for everything it was worth.

More importantly for me though, I learned the power of decision. I learned that I could decide the outcome of my circumstances. I had choice on how to experience it.

Everyday, we are given the same opportunity, to decide. Do I believe that I need to get a cold because my child brought one home? Do I believe that I am susceptible to germs and therefore powerless from getting sick. Do I believe what the doctors are telling me more than my own internal guidance? Do I believe my illness is more powerful than me? Do I believe the prognosis is what determines the outcome? Will I give my power to fear? Do I believe I can heal? Do I believe I will heal? The answer to all of these questions is:

YOU DECIDE.

You’re that powerful. Use your power to express the highest in you. Use your power to thrive in the world. Use your power to feel good about you.

It’s up to you, and no one can decide for you.

Today, you can take the first step, by making a very big decision. Decide that you are WORTH being healthy, and that you DESERVE to feel good, no matter what.

You are a unique individual. There is no one else like you and you have gifts even you don’t know you have. You are here for a reason and a purpose. You are important and essential to the world (whether you know it right now or not). No matter how you may feel about you, you are way better than you think you are.

I believe in you. Do you believe in you?

YOU DECIDE.

To the Truth That Sets Us All Free,

Donna Gershman ALSP

PS. You can heal, and you don't have to do it alone! If you or someone you know needs support in healing a disease, illness, chronic condition, injury or pain, please feel free to email me at youwillheal@aol.com or contact me directly at (818)904-6840 


1 comment:

Tresa said...

!!! ROCK ON sister!!! :) !!! Loving your blogs. :) Miss ya, T